Successful people do not become that way overnight what most people see at a glance happiness, a great career, wealth, purpose-is the result of hard work and hustle over time.
To be successful, you have to use each day as to improve an opportunity, to be better, to get a little bit closer to your goals. It might sound like a lot of work and a busy schedule, next to impossible. But the best part is, the more you accomplish, the more you’ll want to do, the higher you’ll want to reach.
- Don’t sell yourself short. Conquer the crime of self-deprecation. Concentrate on your assets. You’re better than you think you are.
- Use the big thinker’s vocabulary. Use big, bright, cheerful words. Use words that promise victory, hope, happiness, pleasure; avoid words that create unpleasant images of failure, defeat, grief.
- Stretch your vision. See what can be, not just what is. Practice adding value to things, to people, and to yourself.
- Get the big view of your job. Think, really think your present job is important. That next promotion depends mostly on how you think toward your present job.
- Think above trivial things. Focus your attention on big objectives. Before getting involved in a petty matter, ask yourself, “Is it really important?”Grow big by thinking big!