Looking for a business idea that can really “spark joy”? Professional organizers, like Marie Kondo, help people declutter and minimize for a living. In an age of materialism, many people are desperate to downsize and take control over their possessions, rather than letting their things possess them. Minimalism is becoming extremely popular, but people often find it hard to part with things they’ve owned for a long time. Part of being a professional organizer is helping clients develop a system for downsizing and keeping things that way.
The time of the travel agent might be passing, but people are still looking for those with a knack for more nontraditional travel coordination. If you always plan the perfect vacations complete with beautiful hotels, the ideal location, and a bevy of delicious restaurants lined up for every evening, consider advertising your services as a more modern approach to travel planning.
Motivational Quote of the Day
- “You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, love like you’ll never be hurt, sing like there’s nobody listening, and live like it’s heaven on earth.” ― William W. Purkey
- “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman
- “Everything you can imagine is real.”― Pablo Picasso
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” ― Helen Keller
- “Do one thing every day that scares you.”― Eleanor Roosevelt
- “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”― Lewis Carroll
- “Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers.” – Socrates“Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.”― Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
- “Whatever you are, be a good one.” ― Abraham Lincoln
Gardening is really big. Many people like to do their own gardening but they can use a little bit of help! That’s where you come in! Maybe you specialize in flower gardens or vegetable gardens, or even something more exotic. You will need solid expertise, but you will find a clientele willing to pay for it.
The closest I come to knitting was repairing rips in the sails on my boat, but there a are a lot of people who want to knit and crochet—and you can show them how! You could start with a class at your house or perhaps at a local knitting store. Maybe offer an entry level course at the local adult ed program to get going.
Why not have a business you really love? These ideas are so much fun they won’t even seem like work.
- Take the initiative in building friendships. Introduce yourself to others at everyopportunity. Make sure you get the other person’s name straight, and make certain he gets your name straight too. Drop a personal note to your new friends you want to get to know better.
- Accept human differences and limitations. Don’t expect anyone to be perfect, Remember, the other person has a right to be different. And don’t be a reformer.
- Practice conversation generosity. Be like successful people. Encourage others to talk. Let the other person talk to you about his views, his opinions, his accomplishments.
- Practice courtesy all the time. It makes other people feel better. It makes you feel better too.
- Don’t bla,e others when you eceive a setback. Remember, how you think when you lse determine how long it will be until you win.
The time of the travel agent might be passing, but people are still looking for those with a knack for more nontraditional travel coordination. If you always plan the perfect vacations complete with beautiful hotels and a bevy of delicious restaurants lined up for every evening, consider advertising your services as a more modern approach to travel planning.